Associate - PIttsburgh
- 1-2 years’ experience at a public relations agency and/or an in-house communications function for a professional services company; internships will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Political Science or other liberal arts discipline
- Drafts press releases, media advisories, op-eds, media pitches, speeches, testimony, white papers, etc. to support client goals.
- Integrates digital channels through social media content for specific audiences, working in collaboration with Digital and Creative Services team.
- Collaborates with client lead to ensure accurate record keeping of all critical stakeholder information, including contact information for elected officials, media members and key partners for projects.
- Handles daily media monitoring and produces regular reports on media coverage and social media activity.
- Conducts detailed research and analysis for Ceisler Media clients, their issues, causes and campaigns.
- Provides logistical support in planning and staffing of client related events, meetings and activities.
- Assists with media outreach including crafting pitches, developing reporter relationships, corresponding with reporters about events, etc.
- Assists with building coalitions around advocacy issues, including email communications and regular contact with coalition partners and key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and detail-oriented
- Solid understanding of public relations and experience with media engagement
- Client service experience and poise working with senior leadership
- Ability to juggle and prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, team workflow, and goals
- Results-oriented and service-minded with ability to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-paced company
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Conscientious, motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects
- Proven track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
- Confident personality supported by disciplined, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Experience developing social media content for clients
- Experience with digital media and graphic design a plus
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Critical Mention, Cision and Sprout Social preferred, not required
To apply, please email the following information to [email protected]
- Cover Letter, with salary requirement
- Portfolio of work, including writing samples
- Two references
Recruiters please do not contact this job posting. EOE.